God has called you to join Him on mission and you are ready to respond by faith! You are in for a great adventure and blessing! He will reveal Himself as you, by faith, step up and prepare to go where God has called you to serve Him. He will do a work in you and through you as you serve Him on mission.
There are some things you need to do to prepare for your mission adventure with God. It all begins with prayer, saying "Yes Lord" to Jesus and asking Him to give you power, provision, and wisdom for the way.
THINGS YOU MUST DO TO PREPARE TO GO ON MISSION
- Enlist a Prayer Support Team using the Prayer Support Form.
- Read and sign the Colonial Heights Baptist Church’s doctrinal statement, indicating that you agree with its beliefs. Click here to read and sign the document.
- Complete the Personal Background Check and Personal Interview Process required by the International Mission Board and Colonial Heights. (There is no cost to you). Click here to complete your Personal Background Check form on-line. You will be contacted by someone from the Missions Office for a Personal Interview.
- Complete the Keeping Children Safe training video on-line. Please use the Keeping Children Safe Learner's Guide while you view the video to enhance your training. After viewing the video, send an email to the Missions Office to confirm that you have viewed the training video.
- Apply for your United States Passport if you do not have a valid passport. Visit http://www.travel.state.gov/passport/get/get_4855.html for instructions and applications. You may submit your application by appointment at the Post Office on Pear Orchard Road in Ridgeland.
- Complete a Personal Information Summary Form (PDF format / Word format) and return it to the Missions Office.
- Develop a Personal Testimony that you will use to share your faith in Christ. It should be about three minutes in length and include simple sentences without churchy or religious words. Click here for the Personal Testimony form. After you complete the first draft of your personal testimony, please email it in editable WORD document format to the Missions Office .
Below are some additional ideas for preparing to share the Gospel on mission:
- Begin your spiritual preparation by studying the Thirty Day Guide for Spiritual Preparation.
- Check this year’s Immunizations for International Travel to see what immunizations you will need, if any, for your mission trip.
- Zika Virus information - click here.
If you have additional questions or need help preparing, please call the mission office or email the Missions Office.