Regathering June 7
We are excited to announce plans to begin regathering as a church family, starting Sunday, June 7. Our plan will follow the recommendations set out by local, state, and federal government guidelines. We will continue to offer an online worship gathering at 9:30am on Facebook, YouTube, and Vimeo. For those who feel comfortable to do so, we will be offering 4 worship gathering times in the Worship Center and 2 worship gathering times in Solid Ground. Here are a few things to consider as we move forward:
- Reorient: Things may look and feel a bit different during this regathering season. When you arrive on campus for a worship gathering, you will be guided by signs to a designated lot specifically set aside for your worship gathering time slot and venue. Doors will open 10 minutes prior to each worship gathering. To maintain appropriate distancing, we encourage you to consider arriving 10 minutes prior to the start of your designated gathering, or simply hang out in your car until the doors are open. Upon arrival and entry into the building, greeters will help check you in so we can have an accurate count on each individual and family. They will also help point you in the right direction as you make your way into either the Worship Center or Solid Ground.
- Register: In order to maintain an appropriate gathering size, we are requiring everyone to register to attend a worship gathering each week. To register, CLICK HERE . Please register by 5PM on the Thursday prior. If you plan on attending a worship gathering in Solid Ground, please note you will need to use the exterior stairs. We will not be operating the elevators in the main building at this point in time.
- Restrain: If you feel sick, are currently running a fever, or have recently been ill, we ask that you please remain home and worship with us online. We are also asking everyone to refrain from handshakes and hugs. That's going to be difficult, but it will play an important role in helping ensure the health of those around us. Masks are not required, but they will be available for anyone who wishes to wear one. In addition to these restraints, we will be taking additional steps to ensure each venue is sanitized prior to each worship gathering. A complete disinfecting of each venue will occur immediately following each gathering. In order to help us accomplish this, we are asking everyone to exit each venue as soon as the gathering finishes.
- Response: During this season, our worship response will look a little different. Instead of passing offering plates, we will have offering boxes at the interior exit points of each venue. If you'd like to give in-person, simply drop your offering in one of these boxes. You can continue to give online by CLICKING HERE. Also, instead of an "altar call" during our response time, we will have decision counselors available in designated counseling locations outside of each venue.
- Reality: It's important for us all to remember, though nothing within these plans is ideal, each step back to in-person gatherings is a good step, and we are thankful for it. Join us in celebrating these blessings as we gradually move back into something that looks and feels a little more like normal...together.
- Reach: Please continue to reach out to others and invite them to join you in our worship gatherings either via livestream or in person. You can register guests when you register yourself for our in-person gatherings. You can also stop by the church this week to pick up a yard sign that shows your neighbors that Colonial Heights loves them and invites them to participate online as well.
Sunday Worship Online Gatherings
Stream our 9:30am & 6pm gatherings in the media player below.
Join An Online Life Group
While we can't meet in person, many of our Life Groups are faithfully gathering online. If you'd be interested in joining an online Life Group, email Jerry Welch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wednesday Night Prayer & Bible Study
Family Discipleship Resources
During this season, we know our families will be spending more time at the house. Consider utilizing LifeWay Kids at Home , a site where you'll find several great resources that your kids will love! To access the site, follow these steps:
Step 1: Go to my.lifeway.com/redeem
Step 2: Register if you are a new user or login if you already have an account
Step 3: Enter this redemption code: VZMD4SSQ38
Step 4: Click “Access” (if prompted to sign in again, sign in) and then click “My Dashboard,” and go to LifeWay Kids at Home.
Step 5: Download your Activity Page and One Conversation Sheet to use as you watch the video session.
Our church remains committed to prayer at all times. If you or someone you know is in need of prayer, we would love to pray for you. CLICK HERE to submit a prayer request form and a member of our ministerial staff will connect with you.
Pray Through May
Thoroughout the month of May, we will share a video on the CHBC Facebook page each day of church leaders guiding us through a brief time of prayer for a specific topic. Take this opportunity to pray along with us as we lift up our church, our nation, and the world. See the list of prayer topics below.
Although we are not currently meeting on campus, you can still give using our online giving portal. CLICK HERE to give online.
His Story Reading Plan
As we continue in the His Story message series, everyone is encouraged to stay connected by following the daily reading plan. You can download the current month's by CLICKING HERE.