Colonial Heights is working with our International Mission Board missionaries Colombian national partners in northern Colombia to reach people for Christ, plant new churches and meet the greatest needs of the work that God is doing there now. Our goal is to join God in what He is already doing in northern Colombia. These priorities determine and guide the type of ministry activities that we perform while we are on the mission field. They are:
- Great Commission Ministry of making disciples of Jesus Christ.
- Winning the lost through neighborhood door-to-door evangelism.
- Establishing new believers in effective and ongoing discipleship.
- Beginning new Great Commission neighborhood churches that will provide worship, nurturing ministry to members and the community, personal and group Bible study, and reproduce themselves by targeting other neighborhoods, winning others and birthing new churches.
- Personal encouragement of Colombian believers to remain committed to grow and serve the Lord Jesus. This ministry of encouragement and exhortation takes place by team members there and in the US through e-mail, personal gifts of Bibles, study materials, and some financial assistance for continuing education.
- Training emerging church leaders, equipping them for ministry and reproducing evangelistic leadership. God has blessed. Over 7,300 people have accepted Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord through door-to-door evangelistic efforts. A multiplying number of churches in villages and neighborhoods have been established and are meeting regularly for worship, Bible study, and discipleship. Many of these new churches have been involved in multiple new church starts of their own.
God is doing a great redemptive work! In the past 3-5 years it is estimated that approximately 650 new churches have begun in the northern coastal area of Colombia.
Various medical services are performed and medicines provided in neighborhoods where the Gospel has not been taken or where a new work is planned, or where a new church has already begun and the medical work facilitates its ministry to the community. In all cases whether medical,
optical, dental, or audio logical, the work is always done to facilitate and strengthen the Great Commission work going on or planned there for the future. About 700 – 800 patients are examined, treated, and given medication each year by Colonial Heights medical teams.